A 2 hour introductory session, learning how to kneeboard, water ski or wakeboard on our five tower cable system.
Even if you have been water skiing or wakeboarding behind a boat, jet ski or on a two tower cable system, but haven’t navigated a full size cable system, you should attend one of these sessions before booking regular sessions with us.
The beginner experience starts with a tour of the facility, collecting your equipment (rental costs included in the price) and wetsuit (if hired separately), before the on-land induction. The on-land induction covers how to navigate the cable by following the course buoys, along with basic techniques to get you on the water and changing directions.
After the induction, you will have a 90 minute group session on our main cable. To learn how to navigate the cable, beginners will start by going out on kneeboards or water skis, before progressing to wakeboards if they are successful.
If you do have your own equipment, you are able to use it if it is suitable for full size cable use, alternatively the sports equipment is included in the cost. Wetsuits are available for hire separately for £5 online or £7.50 if you decide to hire them on the day.
Times & Pricing
|Monday & Tuesday||12:00 – 16:00||£35 per person|
|Wednesday – Sunday||10:00 – 16:00||£35 per person|
Groups of up to six people can now book a Beginner Full Cable Water Sport Experience for £35 each, with rental safety and sports equipment included in the price. All participants will be required to adhere to the following guidance during this stage of the UK Government’s Covid-19 Recovery Strategy.
• All bookings must be made in advance online via our website – you are not permitted to attend without a booking
• Participants must be at least 1.1m tall and aged 6 years and up (all under 18’s will require one carer/parent/guardian over 18 from the same household to accompany them in the facility)
• All participants must be able to swim 50m with a buoyancy aid
• Waivers must be completed online before arrival (https://roller.app/liquidleisure/waivers/1457) – for these sessions it only needs to be done once each year, after the initial completion of a waiver on this system
• Participants aged 18+ must complete a waiver
• All participants aged under 18 must have a waiver completed by a parent or guardian aged 18+ and be added to this waiver as a minor
• No spectators or family members are permitted to accompany participants – unless accompanying a disabled participant or a participant who is under 18 (only one carer/parent/guardian can be at the facility and must maintain social distancing)
• Nobody with any symptoms of Covid-19 coronavirus is to travel to the facility
• DO NOT visit us if you are at an increased risk of severe illness from Covid-19 coronavirus. This group includes those who are:
– aged 70 or older (regardless of medical conditions)
– under 70 with an underlying health condition listed by the NHS
– those who are pregnant
• Please use the toilet before attending, as we would prefer attendees not to use the limited toilets that will be open – if you do need to use a toilet here, you will be required to clean it before and after use
Arrival at site:
• Arrive at the facility 30 minutes before your booked session (if you arrive too early, you may be required to wait in your car)
• No car sharing is permitted, unless participants are from the same household and have booked the same session
• You are not to use public transport to travel to us
• If you are over 18 and do not have a current driving licence or access to your own vehicle, you can be driven to the facility by a member of your own household, but the driver will be required to stay in their car
• Please arrive ready to go or have a changing poncho or towel suitable to use in an outdoor space to change – you will have access to our individual beach changing huts, but we would prefer if you do not use them (All other indoor spaces not listed above will be closed)
• It is preferred that you wear a face covering during the check-in process and you should not lean on or touch the counter
• Outdoor wire mesh lockers are available for use, but if any items are left, they will be disposed of and not retained in lost property during the ongoing management of Covid-19
• Good hand hygiene should always be observed, and you should bring your own hand sanitiser if possible
• Wetsuit hire will be available, as all wetsuits will be sanitised between use – you can bring your own wetsuit if you have one
• Participants must be at least 1.1m tall and aged 6 years and up
• Participants must be able to swim 50m with a buoyancy aid
• All participants will be required to wear a buoyancy aid and helmet – Liquid Leisure will provide these as required – you are able to provide your own equipment if it meet the safety requirements for cable use
• Participants not from the same household, but booked on the same session as a group, must still maintain 2m social distancing
End of activity:
• After the conclusion of the session, you will be required to return your wetsuit (if hired) and safety equipment (buoyancy aids and soft helmet) to a designated point to be sanitised before being available again for use
• All participants are to vacate the facility as quickly as possible after they have finished their booked activities